Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Wahooooo! It's Working!

Beloved, I just went and saw Kim.  She's not up in her room yet, but I wanted to see how she was doing.  I didn't think they'd let me back into the recovery area, and they did.  I was able to stroke her forehead and talk to her.  She is still coming out of the anesthesia and is quite foggy.  She said just a few things.  She said, "Get some rest.  Where's Chris?  Our God is soooo good."  She said a few other things, but those are the ones that stood out.  I told her about Frank's progress before she could ask, so that's why she didn't ask about him.

Her blood pressure is great.  Her oxygen levels are good.  She has voided nearly 1 liter of fluid (pee that is).  This is fantastic news!  It means the kidney is working.  Yes!  Yes!  Yes!  THE KIDNEY IS WORKING!

Rejoice with me, beloved.  The LORD of lords, the King of kings, the Author of the universe has done great things here!  Praise His majestic and wonderful Name!  He is worthy.

Tuesday's posts may slow down.  I will certainly need a nap.  I'm working on 5 hours of sleep--from last night.  So, my body will want to catch up on sleep tomorrow for sure.

Visitors.  I've had a few questions about visitors.  I'm hesitant to say, "Sure!" because I don't want my parents to get overwhelmed.  Kim's next phase of recovery is busy.  She will be interrupted every hour for 24 hours.  They will run vitals on her and make her walk laps.  She will get almost no sleep in that period of time.  I would prefer that they not get overwhelmed with the idea of answering questions, smiling, and thanking people for their love.  So, that's my vague, not-so-clear answer in a nutshell.

UPDATE: Kim got into her room at 1:30am.  It took the medical team about 30 minutes to get her fully situated in her room.  Chords, cables, wires, and tubes needed to be adjusted, switched, removed, and evaluated.  She's still very foggy.  It will take her some time to fully come out of the anesthesia.  She's still voiding well.  All other measurements are doing well.  We are absolutely delighted at her progress.

Wahoooooo!
Melissa Culver

7 comments:

  1. What great news to wake up to this morning! We have a great God and all the praise goes to Him!! Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very exciting news. Please say Hi! to your parents from us. Love, Carolyn and Loren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Words seem so small at this time but I agree with Melissa WAHOOOOO! Praise God! LOVE TO YOU BOTH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our God is a mighty God and all gracious. Our prayers are with you. Dr. Bob and Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a long journey this has been. So happy that things are working out for the best. We love you, Candy and Mac

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks be to God for His lovingkindness is everlasting!
    We are rejoicing in the great news and thank you for letting us walk the journey with you.

    We love y'all.

    Shalom-The Varney's

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tears in my eyes! So thankful! Our God is amazing. Love you all, Mandy

    ReplyDelete