Monday, December 6, 2010

The Kidney is in the Building

Yes, the kidney is here!  Kim was wheeled back into the OR 45 minutes ago.  They are working on her anesthesia right now.  The operation should start shortly.  She may exit the operating room about 9:00pm.  She'll then be in post-op recovery for 2+ hours.  Realistically, I may not see my mom until 12:00 or 1:00am.

Here's the cafeteria of medicines Kim will be on post surgery.  (Click image to view larger.)

 The beautiful ride to "Kim's kidney."

I have not seen my dad yet.  Insert Plan B here.  I need to remain flexible and know that hospital time is not my time.

When I see dad I'll let you know.

Your faithful, servant-hearted, selfless prayers bring me to tears, dear friends.  We love you more than words can ever say.  Keep praying, beloved.  The road is uphill, and God has authored this work for His glory.  He is able, more than able to accomplish more than we can ever ask or imagine.

With joy-filled tears (and cheap hospital tissue),

Melissa Culver

4 comments:

  1. We should have gotten you a proper hanky for all your happy tears! Perfect anesthesia, steady hands, abundant wisdom, proper sutures, speedy recovery, all for HIS GLORY! - s.rhoades

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that all is going well. We will be praying for you, your Mom and your Dad. Love, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, I hope you are able to catch some sleep while you are waiting. Hugs & Love, Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have checked this site at least 50 times today. Just came in from the gym and checked to see she's on her way to a healthier life. Praise God. Can't wait to hear her voice. Good news on your dad too. Whew, what a journey for them. I love you all, Aunt Candy (Uncle Mac too!)

    ReplyDelete