Monday, December 6, 2010

Last Update for Today

Frank is in his recovery room and doing fantastically!  He is alert and awake.  He "feels like someone punched me in the stomach."  Fluids are great.  Disposition is excellent.  He's tired and will get some rest this evening.  Tomorrow he'll have his first liquid only meal and then he'll take some laps around the transplant floor.  Again, he's doing great.  Thank you for your prayers.

Kim actually didn't get anesthetized like I thought at 2:30.  And a good thing at that.  She called dad's floor at 4:00 and was able to find out that he was in recovery and doing great.  She began to cry and was overjoyed at the excellent work God is doing.  We praised the LORD together and told each other "We love you" and then she was officially off to get her new kidney.  I'm not sure why there was a delay, but I trust God's sovereignty and provision.  His ways are excellent.

I plan to rest this evening.  I'll then make sure to give you an update on Kim's condition tomorrow.  I don't anticipate for her to get back to her room until 1:00 - 3:00 in the morning.

Because of His love,
Melissa Culver

2 comments:

  1. This is wonderful news. Your parents would be proud of you, Melissa, for how you are handling everything so beautifully. You are one classy gal! God is soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa thank you for sharing the details of this wonderful blessing. I thank God for all He has done and will continue to do for your family.
    Your sister in Christ,
    Gayle

    ReplyDelete