Thursday, September 9, 2010

Prayer Request

As we look at the logistics of this upcoming scenario here are a few things to pray about:

1) Chris (Kim's son) may be in Hawaii while the surgery happens.  Pray for any concerns that he may have.  May the LORD grant peace to his heart as his work schedule demands his time there.

2) Jason is having a small surgery on Tuesday, October 12.  He will need a few weeks of limited activity.  This surgery has already been moved once.  We aren't going to move the date again.

3) When the surgery takes place Kim will be in the hospital for one full week.  Frank will get out soon after his surgery is complete (2-3 days).  He will then stay at a local hotel because he needs to be close to the medical team if something should happen.

4) My prayer (Melissa) is that I can be with my parents for the whole week while they recover in Davis, CA.  I want to stay in the room with my dad.  He will need three meals each day and companionship.  Additionally, it's great to have someone take care of his miscellaneous needs.  Lastly, if something comes up I will need to care for those details.

5) In the event these three operations (Jason, Kim and Frank) overlap the children will need to be cared for.  Pray that the Culvers have discernment on this detail as well.  We trust the LORD's excellent provision and know that He is at work here.

Please keep us and all of these details in your prayers.  Thank you.

Much Love,
Melissa Culver

3 comments:

  1. I will serve your family as you see fit! Prayer, meals, child care... anything. Keep me updated! I am here for you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is A LOT for a family and extended family to take on at one time. I am SO honored to pray for the Walterscheid/Culver families. Lots of love from the Donaghy family...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, You are in our prayers. We would be most willing to help with the kids anytime. My children would love the company. Let me know know some dates and I'll put it on the calendar.
    Jeannine

    ReplyDelete